Sunday, February 1, 2015

Typing Test Tech Tip

Well, the website that was listed (RankMyTyping.com) didn't work - maybe they took down the website? So I just googled typing tests and tried a few of those. Here are my comments!

Typing Test
This website had you type out an Aesop tale for one minute. I like it because they are basically everyday words that you would use. They're not asking you to type some really obscure words or anything haha. It also takes into account any errors and subtracts a certain amount of seconds per error. I got 85 WPM with 4 errors, leaving me at 81 WPM.

Speedy Typing Online
This rest was a little different and I didn't like it as much as the first. At first it gave me something from Beowulf which severely slowed down my speed because of the character's names - they were very difficult to spell. Then it refreshed and gave me lyrics from Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats", which was a little better. I ended up with a 72 WPM and 91% accuracy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, a typing test with Beowulf AND Carrie Underwood: that is so 21st-century, ha ha. Thanks for the heads-up about RankMyTyping. I'll check it again in a day or two and replace it with a different one if needed. Those sites do come and go, although that one had been around for a few years. Thanks for letting me know!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete