Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary: Twenty-Two Goblins

Twenty-Two Goblins Unit

  • Introduction
    • A gem hidden in a fruit is a sure-fire way to crack a few teeth. Also, how the crap did he get a gem inside a fruit??
    • Some crazy monk asks the King to go grab a dead body hanging from a tree and he does it no questions asked...what kind of kingdom is this!
    • Just the word goblin sounds creepy and I don't trust this thing one bit. 
  • The Three Lovers 
    • From the notes: oooh, that is a tricky thing! Why couldn't the king not have listened to the goblin as he spoke and then said he didn't know the answer?
    • OI! Why do people go so crazy for beauty? Not that there's anything wrong with being beautiful but I mean...this guy slept on her ashes? Yikes!
    • My guess: she should marry the one who dipped her bones in the Ganges (although, really, if they're fighting over her maybe no one should get to marry her!
    •  Ah well, I suppose that makes sense? 
  • Brave, Wise, Clever 
    • Okay but really, why are all these riddles about who the girl should be given to?
    • My guess: the wise man?
    • Wrong again! The Brave man.
  • The Girl, Her Husband, and Her Brother 
    • What is the matter with these people?! Okay, cool, let me just sacrifice my head to this goddess but my body will still live
    • Annnd there goes the brother's head, too
    • Notice the women never do anything stupid? All their decisions are smart
    • My guess: it basically comes down to what makes a person - their brain or their heart? I'm going to say their brain soo the one who is her husband is the one with her husband's head 
Gauri
The goddess Gauri, who the husband sacrifices his head to. (Source)
  • Food, Women, Cotton 
    •  Everyone's just too damned special to carry a turtle
    • Just curious...but how do you become a connoisseur of women? ;))
    • A goaty smell...she perfumed her "neighborhood"...oh my god
    • The third brother is like the princess and the pea! Hahah
    • Uhhh don't really think the third brother is the cleverest! Sorry King

No comments:

Post a Comment