Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 1: Storybook Favorites


I chose to take a look at this storybook because who doesn't love love? I am a romantic at heart so I figured it must be pretty good. The cover page was good - nothing too fancy but simple.The colors of the background and font made it easy to read. I really liked that the introduction was written in the first person - gave it more of a novel feel rather than someone reading me a story. It made me feel connected because the narrator was talking to me specifically. Definitely something I will consider to use in my own storybook.


 Screenshot of the introduction page of "Darkness Diaries" (Source)

I clicked on this story book because while I love love, I also love things that are kind of dark and mysterious. I enjoyed the different pictures on the cover page, but would have liked a more streamlined caption. Also, the font choice was difficult to read and I can't say I was a huge fan of the sparkly background. Doesn't quite go with that 'darkness' theme. The text of the introduction was okay, but I got bored and tried to skim through it. I get the feeling that the person was trying to be enticing but it came off a little cheesy.


This storybook caught my eye because a). it sound like it was based on the children's book "Goodnight Moon" and b). it was the only one on the list that sounded unique from the others. I think the background is really beautiful and the color scheme is not too overwhelming. However I was not a huge fan of the font choice and the color made it difficult to read. I did really enjoy the setup of the introduction, though! A story within a story. I would consider doing this for my storybook. It helps bring the reader in. Like I'm on the kids about the hear a story from grandpa!



No comments:

Post a Comment