Thursday, January 15, 2015

Class Overview

Ahalya emerging after being touched by Rama's foot (Source)

After reading through all the Orientation Week material, I am really excited about this class. There are a lot of aspects to it that you would never get in a regular class. Although the epics are completely new to me, I am a huge fan of myth-folklore stuff and I have never heard any of those from India. I am excited to get a whole new perspective from them! I think the UnTextbook is so great - it will definitely be a reading resource for me once the class is finished! A lot of times I am unsure about what on the internet is true or not, but I feel like this would be a great resource to learn more about Indian epics.

I don’t recognize any of the images on the Resources Site, but I’ve always found the artwork to be so beautiful. The colors and designs are wonderful. I know very little about Indian culture, which is partly why I took this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment